Saturday, November 17, 2007

"Walk with a swagger"

Welcome to "Walk with a swagger".

Throughout my career I have worked with some fantastic people from around the world. The most all around successful people I have met are confident people. Not over confident, but confident.

A colleague of mine once said, “You have to understand the situation at hand, come to terms with it, and move confidently forward. You have to walk with a swagger.” While a little hokey at first glance, I believe there is an important piece of advice here for all of us.

Rather than getting bogged down or frozen because you are up against a complex situation, you must come to terms with it and move forward. I see people at all levels allowing them selves to get in a rut for far too long, creating lots of motion but little progress.

One has to use ones expertise, network, and courage to choose a path and move forward. If you find the path is wrong, then recalibrate and keep moving. Walk with a swagger, you’ll like how it feels.

Dan MacDonald

2 comments:

Dan MacDonald said...

I recently heard a CNN expert speak sarcastically about the style of the US president and vice president. They were cocky, "swaggering"....

Yikes, that hurt.
What a comparison.

My version of swagger is confident, competent, not the inverse.

Dan MacDonald

Anonymous said...

Nice read, found it helpful. Thanks